Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cover Letter

                This semester in English 1200 I have grown in many ways as a writer. I have learned how to elaborate in my writing and how to incorporate specific details to engage my audience. These skills were used when I revised Project Three for my Final Portfolio. 
     In my Project Three paper I introduced many ideas but did not elaborate on them; therefore, in my revisions I included more details and explained my main points better. The first revision I completed was in my introductory paragraph. I find the introduction to be the hardest part of the paper and have always struggled in this area. During revision, I went back and clearly introduced and explained my main points for my paper. In body paragraphs I elaborated more on the topics in order to make sure my audience was following along and understanding my point of view. On several instances I had to delete a few words in order to free my paper or wordiness and adverbs.
     I have noticed significant changes in my writing from English 1100 to English 1200. I have learned how to be more detailed and clearly explain my main points. This is important in order to engage readers and make sure they fully understand the topic. I have also learned that pretty much anything can be used as a source in writing, which is great because I have never thought about using songs, movies, or pictures in my writings before. This knowledge has opened up a whole new world in writing for me and I look forward to being able to use many different kinds of sources in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment